Plans for 2020
I'm one of the lucky ones as far as COVID-19 is concerned, as it doesn't stop me composing as I usually do. So in light of that, I thought I might share what projects I'm working on, which I'm likely to be able to finish now that I have even more time.
My Spring album, which will be called "ARBORETUM", will probably be first, as well as its piano-only version. Alongside that, I've got in the works:
a Summer album of course, which is currently under the name "SUN DANCES"
- an album inspired by mental illness and depression entitled "FALLING MOON SYNDROME" (which was actually composed several years ago but never made it to a proper high-level record)
- an album about infatuation and lovesickness, which will be named "HOLOGRAM" or something similar
- an untitled "oceans" album
- an untitled "night" album
- a modern, half-improv'd theme and variations for the piano
- a remixed version of "BIGELOW STREET", my 2016 album about my time as an international student
- a general collection of other little ideas that I can't do without
-piano solo renditions of all of the above
So LOTS of new material is slowly on its way! Obviously all I can say is that I hope it all provides a bit of solace and interest once it's all out there, especially under today's circumstances!
All the best to everyone struggling worse than me.